Highlights from today include the Flagstaff Dunkin’ Donuts, driving pictures, a meteor crater, a window with a view, our campsite, petrified forest, thousand year old Native American ruins, and awesome views of the surrounding desert.
For those who don’t know, I’m from Arizona. Lived here my whole life (much to my dismay). SO LET’S EXPLAIN SOME SHIT ABOUT ARIZONA.
- It’s fucking hot. Fuck this shit. Only December-Feburary make me want to not kill myself from going outside. It’s been in the 90’s almost all month. IT’S APRIL. IT WAS LIKE THIS IN MARCH TOO. AND IN THE 70’S-80’S IN FEBRUARY.
- Generally speaking, Arizona’s dry. Yes “at least it’s a dry heat.” So if you come here, most def bring some lotion and water unless you want your skin to go to hell and then go to the hospital from dehydration. You have to drink soooo much water here, especially if you’re not from here. Also, it gets fucking humid in the winter and summer. Summer’s the worst because this shit happens:
Fucking floods. If you don’t know what a monsoon is, they’re fucking stupid. They’re usually short lived but fucking loud. Just. No. Too stormy.
- ALSO, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A HABOOB? LOOK AT THIS SHIT:
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? FUCKING DIRT. IT’S A GIANT FRIGGIN’ WALL OF DUST THAT JUST GOES OVER EVERYTHING. I was in Phoenix a couple years ago when one blew over, and I’d never see one before. The dirt got in through the vents and doors. We all had to be shoved into the ballroom and it sucked. We were there for hours. They did give out free breathing masks and water, though.
- On a lighter note, we have dust devils a lot!
They’re basically mini tornados filled with dirt. Mostly harmless unless they get big. Don’t run into them unless you want shit in your eyes and mouth and nose. Not fun. But they’re cool to watch.
- AND THERE SEEMS TO BE A MISUNDERSTANDING AMONGST PEOPLE ON WHAT THE DESERT LOOKS LIKE. THIS:
ISN’T WHAT ARIZONA LOOKS LIKE. THIS:
IS WHAT THE DESERT LOOKS LIKE HERE. Don’t go out there. Unless it’s like, a hiking trail and shit. You don’t wanna go running around with jumping cacti and spooky animals out. Also, not all of Arizona is a desert. Where I live it’s mostly city until you get outside of the actual city part. Then it’s just dirt and cacti and palo verdes. And garbage.
- Arizona is kind of boring imo, but I suppose there’s points of interests here (most of these I’ve been to):
- Phoenix: THE CAPITAL! Big city. Lots of stuff to do. I go there every summer. Lots of hipsters. Very hot. Like, hotter than the other cities. Cool museums.
- Scottsdale: Most miserable place on the planet, according to the Goth kids. The Beverly Hills of Arizona. Mostly really rich people and the suburbs. Right next to Phoenix (or are they’re together?)
- Tucson: ALSO VERY HOT. Lots of rednecks and Mexicans. And crackheads. Go to south Tucson for Mexican food, just trust me, it is divine. Downtown has hipsters, hippies, and meth heads. Northeast is rich people. South Tucson is the ghetto.
- Flagstaff: Not very hot. Pretty cold, actually. Lots of skiing and mountains. My brother goes here a lot.
- Sedona: Pretty rocks and hippies. A nice place if you like going outside.
- Marana: Only been here once to get pagan stuff. Near Tucson, just like Tucson, but a little nicer. Lots and lots of places to hike.
- Oro Valley: Suburbia. That’s about it. And more mountains.
- Sahuarita: Around Green Valley. My family lives here. Not a whole lot here, and a bit ghetto imo. My dad grew up here (but was born in the same hospital as me).
- Bisbee: Small and delightful town. A LOT of stairs and everything’s built on walls. Kind of reminds me of Greece but less stacked up. Not much here to do except everyone I know there is on drugs (like most small towns). Fun to visit imo.
- Douglas: Right next to Mexico. Racist. That’s all I remember of it.
- Tombstone: Small ghost town, but extremely fun if you’re into ghost towns. Mostly for tourists, and things are a bit expensive (‘cause souvenirs are like that). Made to look like the old west, and there’s cemeteries and roses. And mines. Pretty fucking neato.
- Yuma: Small city with farms. That’s about it.
- Safford: Boring but there’s mountains. There’s a lot of mountains in Arizona.
- AND THOSE ARE PLACE I THINK ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO MENTION.
- We also aren’t all “cowboys and Indians.” Although I did like learning about the Tohono O’odam.
- We also have prickly pear jam, and it’s my favourite jam ever. But my friends think it’s too sour and gross. I think it’s amazing.
- Also Arizona is a really good place to live if you’re like me and have weak lungs and/or asthma, because of the dry and hot air. They only thing is I would recommend wearing a breathing mask outside, because it is very dusty.
// Happy Easter everyone back in the states! :D Hope you guys are doing great! uvu I got my one piece of chocolate for the day.//
// :U yeah, i’m kinda curious how hot it gets here during the summer….if it waay hotter than the states. pffff—i’m doom.. Anyways, I’m doing fine. :D week one! And yes, i miss you guys too. ;u; //
// e3e i’m in the future~ mwhahah! But i’m still on hiatus~ uvu I’m just letting you guys know i’m doing fine and checking in on everyone. ;3; welp, see ya guys later!//
((do i want to make ahi navajo or pueblo
the pueblos are almost exclusive to NM, and are very culturally prominent people in the state, considering it’s most recognized for those odd-looking, earthy villages
and it makes more sense for an arizona to be navajo since the majority of the nation is in its borders, but AZ is a direct relative of NM so it’s not like a navajo NM would be impossible
i guess he could be both?? since the pueblo and navajo worked closely together u___u kinda like how OK is kiowa-apache))
// :D Oh hey, I’m Navajo and I’m from the north eastern part of Arizona. Just wanna let you know that Navajo and Hopi don’t really get along. If you need any question let me know. I’ll try to get back to answer when I’m not busy where I’m at. //
[ Alright my cool followers and friends, today was my last day to be online and hope to see you guys later. ; w ; ) I’m sorry for being inactive and all, but I promise when I get back I’ll be active again. I’ll miss you guys very much, especially my friends. Love you guys and take care of yourself. uvu see ya later!
This goes for all my role-playing blog- NV, UT, AK, IL, and my cities-tan.
I’ll be back in December….hopefully. uwu Farewell everyone!]
ok i’m in arizona now
- it constantly smells like shit. everywhere you go it smells like shit and i don’t know why
- there is absolutely nobody here? like nobody lives here. it’s so weird
- also it took 6 hours to get here and i’m tired